In this Assignment, you will consider the ACA’s Code of Ethics and how these practices impact assessment. This professional code identifies your responsibilities and the practices you must adhere to for the benefit of your clients, your colleagues, and your community.
- Review the ACA’s Code of Ethics website found in this module’s Learning Resources and consider how they apply to your professional development
- Review and use the Ethical Decision-Making Model from the course text: Exercise 2.2 Making Ethical Decisions (p. 37) for this Assignment.
- –Review the five cases
- -Select two of the situations and answer the questions provided in the course text from the Ethical Decision-Making Model.
- -In one page each, identify the cases you selected and include your responses to the questions on the second page. (Note: Two pages total).
- -On page 3, add a summary paragraph or two that shares your personal challenges with addressing the ethical issues in the assignment.
Neukrug, E. S., & Fawcett, R. C. (2015). Chapter 2: Ethical, legal, and professional issues in assessment. In The essentials of Testing and Assessment: A practical guide for counselors, social workers, and psychologists (pp. 21-41). Stamford, CN: Cengage Learning.Neukrug, E. S., & Fawcett, R. C. (2015). Appendix B: Assessment sections of ACA’s and APA’s Code of Ethics. In The essentials of Testing and Assessment: A practical guide for counselors, social workers, and psychologists (p.308). Stamford, CN: Cengage Learning.American Counseling Association (ACA). (2014). ACA code of ethics. Retrieved from http://www.counseling.org/docs/ethics/2014-aca-code-of-ethics.pdf?sfvrsn=4Association for Assessment and Research in Counseling AARC (formerly AACE). (2012). Retrieved from http://aarc-counseling.org/Association for Assessment in Counseling. (2003a). Responsibilities of users of standardized tests (RUST) (3rd ed.). Retrieved from http://aac.ncat.edu/Resources/documents/RUST2003%20v11%20Final.pdfAssociation for Assessment in Counseling. (2012). Standards for multicultural assessment. Retrieved from http://aac.ncat.edu/Resources/documents/STANDARDS%20FOR%20MULTICULTURAL%20ASSESSMENT%20FINAL.pdfAssociation for Multicultural Counseling and Development. (1996). AMCD multicultural counseling competencies. Retrieved from http://www.counseling.org/Resources/Competencies/Multcultural_Competencies.pdf