Gender and sexuality are intertwined in many cultures. (Gardiner & Kosmitzki, 2011) Socialization agents teach the appropriate behaviors for gender and the acceptable sexual attitudes and behaviors within a culture. Cultural differences exist around the world and across countries. For example, cultural differences may exist through the number of partners allowed in a marriage, expectations for males and females, and knowledge and application of safe sex practices. Differences may also arise in what is permitted and acceptable, such as premarital sex, same-sex relationships, and extramarital relationships. The consequences for an individual deviating from these cultural expectations also vary from culture to culture.
For this Assignment, choose one sexual attitude (e.g., abstinence, monogamy, etc.) and one sexual behavior (e.g., chastity, infidelity, etc.).
The Assignment (4–5 pages)
- Use Arabs as the culture of interest and Japanese as another culture of interest.
- Compare the similarities and differences of sexual attitudes and behaviors in each culture.
- Describe the cultural factors that influence sexual attitudes and behaviors.
- Explain how sexual attitudes and behaviors are perceived and displayed within each culture.
- Be specific and provide examples.
- Support your responses using current literature.
Stay on Topic. APA format, separate title and reference page.
"Do you have an upcoming essay or assignment due?
If yes Order Similar Paper