Develop a thesis, outline, and identify at least five sources for your selected Recovery Plan scenario. The prep assignment is to help you prepare for the final draft of the recovery plan due in Week Five. The instructions and Grading Rubric can be found within the Week Five link of the online course. To create a thorough prep assignment, complete the following tasks:
- State your selected emergency response scenario.
- Develop a thesis statement. The thesis statement will be the point or claim you argue or prove in your paper.
- Develop an outline. At a minimum the outline should include local, state, and federal government response and communication procedures relevant to the chosen emergency response scenario.
- Academic Research: Students are reminded of Ashford University standards for academic research, which includes:
- Primary (original) sources written by experts in the field of study.
- Secondary sources supported by research in primary sources.
- Credible sources (experts in the area of study).
- Relevant research (materials are pertinent to the area of study).
- Educational websites may be appropriate in some cases but should be evaluated carefully.
- Wikipedia, other wikis, or blogs
- Websites and other sources that do not provide quality, researched materials (sites that do not use credible sources to support the information in their documents).
- The author(s) of the source
- A brief explanation/summary of the source. (Identify what the article is about or explain what the author tested, etc.)
- A brief explanation of how this source will contribute to your Final Recovery Plan.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.