Strategic Information Systems Project
Second research paper
You will research Strategic IS/IT-related initiatives that a real-life company is
considering or has implemented.
It is highly recommended to select an existing company or organization that you
are familiar with to achieve a more practical understanding of a strategic IS/IT initiative
within the company and to obtain more contextualized information about the initiative.
Your case writing will cover the following questions:
• Introduction to the company – A brief explanation of the company
– The opportunities and/or threats which the company has faced (e.g.,
• Strategic IS/IT Initiative (pre-implementation) – What is/was the strategic IT initiative?
– What is/was the expected value of the initiative (financial and
– A description of the decision-making process
– A project plan of implementation processes
• Strategic Analysis (pre- or post-implementation) – A cost-benefit analysis
– A risk analysis (anticipated or emerging)
• Discussion and Conclusion – Evaluation of the materialized value/outcomes of the initiative
– Suggestions for further actions for successful diffusion and value
• Format research paper -#2 Use the APA version 7 style to write your paper.
• https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/research_and_citation/apa_style/apa_formattin g_and_style_guide/general_format.html
• Library Resources
To find articles on a variety of topics, search UMBrella:
• From Healey Library Homepage, type your keywords into the UMBrella search box
o For example: for articles about child abuse, type “child abuse” in the search box. Quotation marks around a phrase will search for
that exact phrase.
• Then select Articles under Material Type