Strategic Planning Process
Ensure understanding of each step of the strategic planning process that was discussed in our reading material. This is also referred to as the strategy change cycle. The steps are as follows:
1) Initiate and agree on a strategic planning process
2) Identify organizational mandates
3) Clarify organizational mission and values
4) Assess the external and internal environments to identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats
5) Identify the strategic issues facing the organization
6) Formulate strategies to manage the issues
7) Review and adopt the strategies or strategic plan
8) Establish an effective organizational vision
9) Develop an effective implementation process
10) Reassess the strategies and the strategic planning process
Each of these steps should be discussed in about 1/2 page in length. For each of the steps listed above you should discuss the most important aspects for each step that you should understand as someone that would implement a strategic plan for an organization.
Introduction (brief overview of Strategic change cycle & what you will discuss in body)
Body (5-6 FULL pages)
- The second paragraph should discuss step #1.
- The third paragraph should discuss step #2.
- You should then follow this format and discuss steps #3-#10 in separate paragraphs/pages.