- The concept of core conditions, as applied to the helping relationship, includes all but one of the following:confrontation
- As a person becomes more congruent, which of the following changes is most likely to be seen?elimination of negative thoughts
eradication of problem behaviors
success in a failing relationship
- Gestaltists use dream work to help clients understand their past.True
- Which of the following existentialists is most associated with transpersonal psychology?Kierkegaard
- According to person-centered theory, for someone to be continuously believed and trusted by a client they must:have years of professional experience.
know the right questions to ask.
not make mistakes.
- Phenomenological perspective describes the concept that all persons view the world in a similar manner.True
- To adequately understand the culturally different client, counselors should have some specific information about that culture.True
- When using extinction to change behavior:you should expect positive behavior to increase.
you should expect positive behavior to decrease.
you should expect a burst of negative behavior, followed by positive behavior.
you should expect a burst of positive behavior that fades away.
- Art therapy, dance/movement therapy, music therapy, and drama therapy are all considered:narrative approaches.
expressive arts approaches.
- The first person to introduce the subjects of consciousness, spiritualism, and psychical research into the mental health fields was:Carl Jung
- Which statement is most description of Buber’s “I-Thou” relationship?People speak about others but seldom to them.
This relationship embodies a holy respect for the other person.
This relationship has little meaning, because there is little sense of self.
It shows a relationship that is condescending and not respectful.