The practice of quantitative research not only involves statistical calculations and formulas but also involves the understanding of statistical techniques related to real-world applications. You might not become a quantitative researcher nor use statistical methods in your profession but as a consumer, citizen, and scholar-practitioner, it will be important for you to become a critical consumer of research, which will empower you to read, interpret, and evaluate the strength of claims made in scholarly material and daily news.
For this Assignment, you will critically evaluate a scholarly article related to moderation.
- Review the Article Critique Assignment Guide in the Walden Library, listed in this week’s Learning Resources.
- Search the Walden Library for a quantitative article that applies moderation testing.
By Day 7
Write a 2- to 3-page critique of the research you found in the Walden Library that includes responses to the following prompts:
- Why did the authors use moderation in their multiple regression model?
- Do you think moderation is the most appropriate choice? Why or why not?
- Did the authors display the results in a figure or table?
- Does the results table stand alone? In other words, are you able to interpret the study from it? Why or why not?