topics and concepts in Psychology
1) Throughout this course, you have learned about a vast variety of topics and concepts in Psychology. In this paper, you will choose a recent Psychological news article to write about. Choose an article that interests you.
Go to the following website: http://www.sciencedaily.com/news/mind_brain/psychology/
Make sure to describe the study, participants, and findings. What was the study about? What were the conclusions? What did you think of the study and how does it affect our society? In your opinion, are there any significant limitations of the study? In the conclusion of the paper, tie in what you have learned so far with the news article your summarized. Use at least 2 key terms that were used in your textbook to describe the results of the article and how it ties in with what you have learned. The paper should have two key terms (vocabulary words) placed in bold from any chapter in the textbook.
The Written Assignment should be 2-3 double spaced pages in length, not including title or reference pages. Make sure your assignment is APA format with double-spacing, Times New Roman, 12-point font, and 1” margins. Include citations and a list of references in APA format. Edit for spelling and grammar errors. You can get assistance with APA formatting at: https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/research_and_citation/apa_style/apa_formatting_and_style_guide/general_format.html.
2) Take the following questionnaire on happiness and answer the following questions in an essay format: http://www.meaningandhappiness.com/oxford-happiness-questionnaire/
- What was your score? How did you rate in happiness?
- Did you agree or disagree with this score? Why?
- Does this change any of your thoughts about how happy you are? How so?
- Did this test make you want to make any changes? If so, how?
- The textbook describes happiness being divided into 3 elements: the pleasant life, the good life, and the meaningful life. Do you believe that you are missing one of these elements? If so, which one? Why?
3)The Learning Journal entry should be a minimum of 400 words and not more than 750 words. Use APA citations and references if you use ideas from the readings or other sources.
For this Learning Journal, you will write a paper about your own experiences. Using reflective writing consider the following:
- Society affects our behaviors and how we interact with others. How has society affected your views? What are some things that you feel pressured to conform to, and how have you approached this issue?
- Have you known others who conform to pressure from others or society? What did they do? How did they deal with the pressure?
- Discuss the importance of pro-social behavior and altruism in your society or cultural tradition.
The Learning Journal entry should be a minimum of 400 words and not more than 750 words. Use APA citations and references if you use ideas from the readings or other sources.
"Do you have an upcoming essay or assignment due?
If yes Order Similar Paper