Motivation is important to each of us. Studying for a test, doing household chores, completing a task at work, all these activities require motivation to “get the job done.” Closely linked to motivation is emotion, if we are excited about a project, the motivation is there too.
This week our book describes five approaches of motivation and explains the functions of emotion. For this week’s discussion address the following:
· How does the cognitive approach explain your motivation for college?
· In your response, focus on both your intrinsic and extrinsic motivation.
· Be specific and detailed in your response, incorporating ideas gained from the course materials.
Functions of Emotions
· What are the functions of emotions and how do they keep you motivated for success in college or your career goals?
· Elaborate on the link between emotions and motivation.