- David runs a florist shop as sole trader. He is holding a dinner party to celebrate his birthday and has taken a bouquet of flowers from the florist shop in order decorate his dining table at home. The bouquet was purchased the morning before from the flower market and cost him $35. It was initially purchased for the purpose of resale in the shop and would have ordinarily been sold for $85. What are the tax implications of David taking the bouquet of flowers from the shop for his own personal consumption?
- a.David must include $35 in his assessable income
- b.David must include $85 in his assessable income
- c.There are no tax implications as David is a sole trader and as such ownership of the flowers has not changed
- d.There are no tax implications as the market value of the trading stock is less than $100
e.None of the above