The seven dimensions of ABA identified in your text and the Baer, Wolf, and Risley article, are the guiding principles for the field of Applied Behavior Analysis. As a developing professional, it is important to understand the dimensions because each one is relevant to the work of a behavior analyst.
For this assignment, refer to the following articles assigned in the study for this unit:
- Krentz, Miltenberger, and Valbuena’s “Using Token Reinforcement to Increase Walking for Adults With Intellectual Disabilities.”
- Marsic, Berman, Barry, and McCloskey’s “The Relationship Between Intentional Self-Injurious Behavior and the Loudness Dependence of Auditory Evoked Potential in Research Volunteers.”
Then complete the following:
- Identify which of the articles is behavior analytic and which is not, and provide an explanation for your choice.
- Be sure to identify which of the seven dimensions of ABA are present in the behavior analytic article.
- Analyze why the other article is not behavior analytic. How do you know the seven dimensions are not present?
- Written communication: Should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: References and citations are formatted according to current APA style guidelines.
- Resources: Minimum of 1–2 scholarly or professional resources.
- Length: 2–3 double-spaced pages, in addition to the title page and reference page.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.