Week 8 Discussion: Anxiety Case Study
Medication Choice 1
5. List one medication that would be appropriate for this case. Include the name and starting dose.
6. Describe your clinical decision making. What is your rationale for choosing this medication? Also, include the mechanism of action for this medication choice, and the neurotransmitters and areas of the brain in which the medication is proposed to act on.
7. What laboratory testing/monitoring is needed for safely prescribing this medication?
8. Are there any contraindications or safety issues associated with this medication?
13. What non-pharmacologic interventions do you recommend?
- Do you agree/disagree with their medication choice? Why?
- Is there anything else you recommend including?
- Compare peer’s decision making to yours—what are the advantages and disadvantages of each?