Case Study 1
A 37-year-old male patient came to your primary care clinic c/o of a lesion in his genital area (see pic
below). Pt states that the lesion appeared 7 (seven) days ago. Pt denies pain in the area. Pt states using
some cream with no improvement.
1) What other information you would need from this patient (Please include at least 5 five)
2) What would it be the epidemiological information you may take into consideration in this case?
3) What would it be your first impression diagnosis for this case and what testing/screening labs you would order (please provide rationale)
4) Would you apply any empiric treatment based on your diagnosis?
5) What type of education you would provide to this patient?