1. Why does it help to read multiple translations of the Tao te Ching?
2. Does it make sense to try and talk about what can’t be talked about? If the true Tao can’t be spoken of, then what can we possibly accomplish by trying?
3. How can we understand the explicit contradictions in the Tao te Ching?
1. Why did Confucius focus on propriety? Can one gain wisdom through strict adherence to social rules?
2. What relation does social homogeneity have to social harmony?
3. What psychological value is there for an individual to follow social rules?